June 4, 2017
Pit Pig Bar B Que
- 6641 Redding Street (off Homedale and Airway).
- Open at 1 p.m. and food at 2 p.m.
- Games for kids, games for everyone,
- raffles, prizes, good food.
- Come at noon for Air Patrol rocket launch;
- build your own rocket, prize for highest launch and prize for longest distance.
- Proceeds benefit Operation School Bell® and Klamath Civil Air Patrol.
- Bring a lawn chair for the best seating.
- Donation of $15.00. Children at a reduced donation of $5.00.
For tickets and information Contact Sheri Wilson at 1-661-703-4323
December 2, 2017
Annual Christmas Tree Jubilee
Join us for an evening of holiday fun on Saturday, December 2 and help us provide new clothing for children in need in the Klamath Basin! The Jubilee is the major fundraising dinner/auction event for Assistance League of Klamath Basin to support Operation School Bell. In 2016-17 Operation School Bell program clothed over 821 elementary, junior, and high school students. Many more children are in need of our assistance. Please help make a difference in the life of a child and family by attending our Jubilee event.
December 3, 2017
This year Winter Wonderland event will be on Sunday, December 3 at the Running Y. The holiday event is held from noon-3 p.m. and is free to families. There are many things to do that day for young and old alike.
- A live band entertaining us with wonderful holiday sounds
- A Santa who is ready to listen your wishes
- Plates of complimentary homemade cookies and snacks made by volunteers
- A holiday gift shop full of affordable items for sale
- Art centers for crafts and coloring
- Games with door prizes
- Holiday decorations to enjoy
This is our way of giving back to the community.
May 23, 2017
Ada Edwards Laughlin Award Presentation
The Assistance League of Klamath Basin presented the Ada Edwards Laughlin Award posthumously to Lois Stilwell. She was given this prestigious award because she exemplified what the Assistance League stands for. Lois joined the chapter in 2003, was President in 2006-07 and served on various committees volunteering many hours of commitment and dedication to promoting children’s self-esteem and education. Her husband, John Stilwell, accepted the award which was presented by Shelley Ware.
May 20, 2017
The Assistance League of Klamath Basin held its first fundraiser in partnership with Applebee’s Restaurant in Klamath Falls on May 20th. The “flapjack breakfast” was a success and raised money for the League’s philanthropic program, Operation School Bell. Our thanks to Applebee’s for their endeavor to help the community. Serving plates of pancakes and more is chapter member Joelene Downey. Members in the background (L-R) are Sheri Wilson and Pat Marble.
February 12, 2017
Grant and Donation in the News
Click the picture to read the story . . .
September 28, 2016
Operation School Bell in the News
Click the pictures to read the story . . .